And just like that, football’s back!
The week started off in Iowa where I got to see my best friend, another friend get married, spend time with my parents and experience my first Fantasy Football auction draft. (Fingers crossed I end the season with yet another Fantasy Football title.) To top off the week, I got a glimpse into #BroncosCountry last night at the #NFLKickOff: #KickOff2016!
A bit surreal to be at an actual NFL hosted event. We saw One Republic perform a few songs then headed to the Tavern to catch the game. Still cannot believe he missed that kick. What a game! Tomorrow, the Hawkeyes host the Cyclones in Iowa City so you can find me in black & gold.
Regardless of what colors you’ll be sporting over the weekend and football season, we all have one thing in common: tailgating.
What role do you play at a tailgate? Tailgate host? Grill master? Bartender? Bags champion? Buffalo chicken dip maker? Socializer? Photographer?
Today I’m sharing a recipe that will deem you as “burger master” – say hello to the perfect dessert burger recipe. These bite size burgers are sure to be crowdpleaser.
Nope, you don’t need any of that.
WHAT YOU NEED
– Nilla Wafters, regular size, your buns
– Chocolate Oreos, your burgers
– White frosting + food coloring: your cheese, lettuce, tomoatoes and sesame seeds
– Four Ziploc Bags, your piping tool
A FEW TIPS BEFORE YOU GET STARTED:
– Make an assembly line, it’ll be much easier
– Use Ziploc bags to mix the color dye and as a piping bag, multiple uses and easy cleaning
– Try not to eat while you’re making these… try being the keyword
YOUR BURGER MENU
– Hamburger: 2 wafers, 1 split Oreo, ketchup and lettuce
– Cheeseburger: 2 wafers, 1 split Oreo, ketchup, lettuce and cheese
– Double Cheeseburger: 2 wafers, 1 full Oreo, ketchup, lettuce and double cheese
WHAT TO DO
– LAY OUT your buns and burgers
– ATTACH the buns and burgers together with a dollop of frosting
– ADORN your naked burger with ketchup, lettuce and cheese
Little Lee Tip: did someone order a double cheeseburger? Add an extra round of cheese.
– DRESS your bun with sesame seeds
– SERVE your burgers!
Now, it’s time to fire up your grill!
Ps. I had a little too much fun with this so I’ll be sharing a few twists of this recipe later this season. In the meantime, I would love to see what you’re grilling! Be sure to share.