I’ve never had a cake pop. I accidentally made cake pops. I am now a cake pops
A few weeks ago I made cupcakes for my roommate’s birthday. It was getting late and frosting another dozen didn’t seem feasible so I threw the remaining batter into a cake pan. It turned out just right but then as I transferred it to frost, it split down the middle. (Maybe transferring it was the mistake – ha!) What does one do?
Naturally, attempt cake pops.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Cake mix (I used a box!)
- Almond bark or white chocolate chips
- Kitchenware: large mixing bowl, glass bowl, wax paper
WHAT YOU DO:
- Whip up the cake mix, as instructed on the box
- In a large bowl, crumble up your cake until fine
- In the same bowl, fold in frosting until it’s firm to form balls
- Roll up cake balls (I used a tablespoon as my scooper to start but then made smaller/bigger ones)
- Place on wax paper, freeze all cake balls for five minutes
- Melt chocolate and cover each cake ball with chocolate
- Quickly transfer to wax paper and garnish with your favorite sprinkles
- Let dry & voila!
My next batch I will use a cake ball stick… so more to come.
Cheers to a sweet weekend,