To everyone who remembered, Happy April Fool’s Day! To all my corporate friends, Happy Q2! To everyone reading this, Happy Final Four Weekend!
Are you a bucket a nerves right now? Are you over basketball after your team destroyed your bracket? Are you being a good sport and tagging along with the hype? Are you so darn excited since this weekend will be another reason to eat and drink with all of your favorite people? Do you even know who’s in the Final Four?
Regardless of your answer you can sweeten up the weekend with these Oreo Basketballs.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Wilton Orange Die
- Chocolate Chips
- Cookie Sheet + Parchment Paper
- Piping tool
*Little Lee Tip: use a sandwich bag and cut the corner off
WHAT TO DO
- COVER cookie sheet with parchment paper
- MELT orange candy melts
- DIP one side into mixture
- COAT other (I used a fork)
- DRY on parchment paper (stick them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes)
- MELT chocolate chips (a little goes a long way!)
- SPOON melted chocolate into sandwich bag
- CUT corner end of bag for your piping tool (wasn’t that easy?)
- DRAW your basketball lines
- DRY finished basketballs in the refrigerator or your counter (chocolate will dry quickly)
- SLAM DUNK, you’re done.
Who will make the winning basket?! We’ll just wait and see tomorrow.
You can always count on me to turn a non-sweets related event or moment into a desserts related post. Requests welcome.