Although I love all the breakfast options – omelets, french toast, yogurt parfaits, waffles, bagels, egg sandwiches, etc. – there are mornings that only allow for a few swipes of mascara and a cup of coffee followed by a growling stomach.
What if I told you in one hour you could make breakfast for the next week? Well, good thing you stumbled upon this post.
For a fast, healthy (& green light for those on Whole30) breakfast, make these easy homemade egg muffins. You’ll be thanking yourself when you’re on the go each morning.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Your fillers:
- Red Pepper
- Chicken Sausage
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Muffin pan
- Coconut Oil Spray
WHAT TO DO
- PREHEAT your oven to 350 degrees
- BEAT eggs until smooth in a large bowl
- CUT up your fillers & TEAR your spinach into small pieces
- DIVIDE up your fillers into 12 muffin cups
- SPRAY muffin pan with coconut oil spray
- FILL each muffin cup 3/4 full with egg
- BAKE for ~25 minutes
- REMOVE from oven & let cool
- ENJOY! (but not all at once)
In case you need ideas on how to eat these…
- 2 muffins + banana (idea credit to my roommate)
- 2 muffins + a few slices of avocado
- 2 muffins + apple, sprinkled with cinnamon
- 1 muffin (depending on the size) + slice of cheese + bagel thins = your new favorite combo
This is an easy recipe to customize to your taste buds. Let me know what you’ve tried and paired – I’m sure it’ll be egg-tastic!