What’s a universal sign for hospitality and warm welcome? That’s right, the pineapple. What’s the perfect combination of wine and chocolate? The DIY Pineapple Wine Bottle Gift I’m sharing today!
Whether you’re a guest or hosting for the holidays, this edible pineapple will be the perfect gift of a sweet treat and libation right at their fingertips.
I’ve recently become a fan of pineapples. How many times I’ve cut one? Never. I’ve witnessed my best friend cut one and I only reaped the rewards by eating it. As I was moving to Colorado Target decided to come out with a pineapple pillow and thus started my obsession. Pineapple cocktail shakers, wine corks, ornaments – they’re everywhere!
This DIY will take just under an hour but it’s worth the smiles and reactions.
WHAT YOU NEED
– Gold wrapped chocolates // Rolos, Nuggets or Ferrero Rocher
– Wine // Minis or regular sized, up to you
– Green Leaves // Card stock, construction paper or left over green tissue paper
– Hot glue gun
WHAT TO DO
– GLUE one piece of chocolate around the base of the wine bottle
– STAGGER the chocolates so the next row sits between the spaces of the row below it
– CONTINUE to glue around the entire base of the bottle (don’t go up the neck yet!)
– CUT your pineapple leaves from green card stock or paper – tissue paper works great
– GLUE your pineapple leaves around the top of the wine bottle’s neck
– GLUE the remainder of your chocolates around the bottle’s neck to cover up your paper or tissue paper to complete your pineapple
– GIFT away!
FYI one entire bag of Rolo was used for this mini bottle.
Happy Holidays & cheers to writing your own chapter,